Friday, April 15, 2011

Five-Minute Friday: On Distance...

From Lisa-Jo's The Gypsy Mama, it's five minute Friday time again :)

Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s finger paint with words
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button in my right side bar}
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you {and if you love us, consider turning off word verification for the day to make it easier for folks to say howdy}
It’s a great way to catch your breath at the end of a long week.

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:

On Distance

Start:

I have a number of ways in which I'm impacted by distance.

First, we've moved about 12 hours away from our home and native land and those with whom we were familiar, comfortable, and related.  Our hearts are fonder and our times together are more special, but it is still hard sometimes.

Homes in Kingston, Ottawa, & Buckingham. (all featured on this map)

Second, distance is something I feel when I look at my sponsor kids photos.  I may never get to "go" to where they are physically.  But I do go there in my letters and get to visit them with theirs.

 

Third and last as time is running down... distance is something I feel from heaven.  It seems like this sin-ridden body will be mine forever, and I want to be free, free, free...  I know that God has my days planned and they will go faster than I can fathom, but right now it seems very distant.  Even so come, Lord Jesus.  I want to be close to You physically as well as spiritually.

stop 


3 comments:

  1. Jesus is in your heart. He is close to you, so for now you may be separated but we are a part of Him. Not apart from Him.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about wanting to be free. I'm learning to yearn for freedom in the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! I am, more and more, longing for Heaven. And I have been far, far away from home and know how heavy the distance weighs on you. But we are glad you are here with us! And how cool will it be when Heaven is the only address we all have?! Smiles for miles -

    ReplyDelete