Friday, April 8, 2011

Five-Minute Friday: If You Met Me...



Welcome to Friday!  The pizza's on the stovetop waiting for the phone call from Super-Awesome to say he's on his way home and I have at least 5 minutes to type.  I'm joining up with others for 5 minute Friday, something I haven't done for several weeks.  Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Here are the rules:  Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and true and unscripted.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minuter who linked up before you.

If you met me...

Go:

If you met me, you'd probably notice my dark framed glasses first.  I'd hope you'd notice my smile second.  But some days the smiles don't come as quick as usual.  I feel grumpier than usual lately and I'm not sure why.  Probably a number of things...  Yesterday was my dad's birthday and he died over a year ago...  that's probably part of it.  But not all of it.  I'm in a different country and have been for about a year and a half and although I feel more acclimatized, there are still days that I miss good ol' Canada.  I don't really feel like I fit anywhere perfectly.  This is probably a good thing, since I'm to have an eternal perspective and am to simply be a sojourner here on this earth...  this move has made this more real to me.  I have to remember who I am in Christ and then I can smile more easily...  and find my joy in Him.

Stop.

That didn't come as quickly as some other posts, but there it's out... out... out...

3 comments:

  1. I felt like I was confessing when I did my five minutes. :)

    You did great! I feel grumpy lately too. I'm going to blame it on the weather although I have myriad of things it could be. Better do like you say and look to the real JOY, who is a person, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comment! I would love to be bloggy friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's tremendously cool that you sponsor so many Compassion Kids. i like that you feature them so prominently on your site. blessings on you and your family on the journey.

    ReplyDelete