Friday, February 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Friendship

Thanks to Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for the prompt again this week.

"On Fridays around here we stop, drop and write for five minutes straight.
No editing, no back-tracking, no pauses. Just words. This week, let’s focus on friendship."


Friendship.

Go.

Friendship is a true gift.  Often you don't realize you have it until you lose it, or at least move very far away from it.

Thankfully, phone lines cross distances, as do e-mails and  regular old mail.  But sometimes it just isn't the same.  Friendship takes time, so it shouldn't surprise me that I don't have the same depth of friendship with my new friends here that I do with my "old" friends back in Kingston.

I am so thankful for the friends that I have begun to know here.  I am so thankful for the friends that I still have back home.

I look forward to monthly movie night on Tuesday where we can snack, drink tea, chat, and maybe not even get to see the whole movie because we're having so much fun.  I sometimes want to lure them in under false pretenses of movie, just to sit and chat and get to know them better...  maybe this week, or maybe next time. 


Thank you God for all of my friends.

Stop.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to move and leave friends behind. What a blessing, though, to be cultivating new ones. Especially when you know how deep those relationships can become over time and with shared experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition for you to have on Tuesday nights! :)

    ReplyDelete