Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Five Years Ago

Five Minute Friday Prompt: Five Years Ago

February 25, 2011
On Fridays around these parts we have a little tradition. We throw caution (editing, revising, and worrying) to the winds and just write.
For five minutes flat.
You’re welcome to play along. The rules are easy.
1. Write your heart out for five minutes and then show us what you’ve got.
2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to play along.
3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and encourage the fellow five-minuter who linked up right before you.

From Lisa-Jo's blog www.thegypsymama.com


Five years ago

Start:

Five years ago I probably looked a lot like Lisa-Jo does today.  At least in the belly area!  I was pregnant with my first child who was due on March 30th, 2006.  I was in the home stretch, with stretch marks to prove it!

I didn't know that it was Super-Beautiful there inside of me.  We had decided that we wanted to be surprised.  Everyone, including my mom and Super-Awesome's mom, had us so convinced that it was a boy, that we asked the doctor to repeat herself when she announced that it was a girl.

I remember sleeping, or not sleeping, with lots of pillows around, under, and on top of me.  Super-Awesome also remembers those times of pillows, with a little less fondness than I did :)

I remember working out at Curves right up til the day before I delivered!  I remember that we had special gospel meetings at church and joked with the preacher Monday night that if we weren't back, we had a good reason.   We missed the rest of the week because Super-Beautiful was born on Tuesday morning, March 21, 2006.

Stop!

There's the belly!

In the neutral Velveteen Rabbit themed-nursery, February 5, 2006.

Working out at Curves on March 20, 2006.  Can't really see the belly because of the flowy shirt, but it was there, trust me :)

5 comments:

  1. Good pregnancy memories! You look wonderful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. My husband and I also did Grief Share. It's really good. I thought about buying it for our church in memory of our son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. You are super- AMAZING! I am 9 months pregnant, and curves is the last place I would be right now... Swollen ankles, etc..LOL..
    Sych inspiration...I enjoyed your pictures.. walks down memory lane I love.
    Stopped by from The Gypsy Mama's Blog Hop.
    Blessings,
    September

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I was pregnant 5 years ago this time too! I'm here via 5 Minute Friday. Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw what a story! i'm impressed you were at curves all the way til the last day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pillows and the story...now so much life with Super-beautiful since then! great job with 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete