Monday, June 4, 2012

Mail Call Monday: Allan!

It was a hallelujah day at the mailbox today!  3 letters!  And all 3 from Allan in Ecuador!!!

He was scheduled to have surgery in March, but none of these letters mention it.  Partly because two of the letters were written prior to March. 

Letter 1 is from December 31, 2011 (yes, sometimes things get backed up...)  Here's an excerpt:

I write to you in the name of Jesus, with my heart very glad for writing this letter 
to tell you that I am very glad that you did well in your trip visiting your family 
and that beautiful baby whom I send many kisses to, as well I send your 
mother and your family many greetings. 

Letter 2 was written on February 29, 2012  (still a little slower than his usual letters, and shows that my letters don't always get to him in the 2 month period some of the time)

I greet you in the greatest Father God's love.  I didn't receive you letter at Christmas, 
but I got it in a very nice month, which is February, the month of love and friendship.  
I want you to know that I love you very much.  I would like you to send me more photos 
from you for my album.  My favorite subject is Natural Environment and Geometry [...] 
I am praying for your husband to find a good job and you to do well as lawyer 
(uh oh, I think Compassion Advocate got mistranslated).  I thank you very much for 
the letter  and for the postcards, stickers and drawings to paint.  I am also praying 
that you do well in Canada and your dreams come true.  
With much love,  your spiritual son, Allan

Wow!  I teared up over this letter!  So much love... and calling himself my spiritual son.  I love this little guy so much!

Finally, Letter 3 was dated April 30, 2012 (which is the usual timeframe that I had been used to getting his letters in before).  This letter is one of the new templates with a topic for the child to write about and this one was titled "My Family"

I would love to share with you a little bit more about my family. 
 I live with my dad, my mom and my sibs.  I visit my grandparents very often. [...] 
My food is prepared by my mom and my brothers.  My family lives in the urban area.  
I want to thank you for being my sponsor and for helping me to stay at the project.  
Thanks also for praying for me.  Please pray for my country because it rains a lot here, 
the weather is cold and there have been lots of floods.  I also want to say that you are very 
special to me.  I love you very much.  May God bless you and your precious family!  
 Allan

What a blessing to get three letters today. Still praying to hear how his surgery went, but so thankful for these letters. I have felt a bit of a letter drought lately, since Tania moved out of the program area.  She and Allan are both in Ecuador and they have a great reciprocal program already in place so I was used to getting lots of letters from them both.

Life update:  We got another piece of good news today:  there are people who are going to rent our place and we can leave on the day we need to after all!  Papers haven't been signed yet, but we are praying to that end.  One piece of the puzzle may be in place. Trusting for the rest!  And I am THANKFUL!!!  This is how I'm feeling:  


I'll keep you posted on the rest of the puzzle when we know something!