Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday: See







1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:

Start:

See.  I feel like I can't see even a minute ahead of me right now.  Well, maybe a minute is a stretch, the next five will be taken up with this post... maybe I can't see what's a day ahead of me. That's more realistic.

We're still playing the waiting game, the job-search waiting game, the when-are-we-moving-out-of-this-rental waiting game, the I-just-keep-packing-boxes-that-I'm-not-sure-where-to-ship waiting game...

It turns out that faith is not about sight (see Hebrews 11:1).  Even though I can't see what's ahead past these 2 remaining minutes, doesn't mean that God can't see what's ahead.  He's always known what the big picture for us is, and this tiny block that will come next into our view... He's got it under control.  We don't.  And yes, there's a fine line between faith and being foolish.  But right now we're focusing on faith and trusting that God knows what He's doing.

Because, you know what?  HE DOES KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!

Stop.

Ok, so I have some more that I need to get off my chest.  Yes, I sound like I have it all together and this isn't bothering me.  Guess what?  Some minutes or hours that is a true statement because of Phillipians 4:7.  And other moments, like this morning, I just hung my head and wept because of how overwhelming it all is.  When I give in to my flesh I can get pretty freaked out about it all and does it do me any good?  Yes, (if it's just for a short time) it actually does.  It makes me remember that I'm only human and the God of the Universe has it under control and I need to be praying and telling Him how overwhelmed I feel and then keep taking small steps to accomplish the things I need to do.  When I am praying for others, praying about this issue, rejoicing, giving thanks for everything, it's much easier not to worry, be anxious, or fretful.  And He supplies the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:4-7

The next verse in that passage are also exceedingly special!  After I've prayed about those things, does it help me to go right back to thinking about the problems that I can't see an answer for?

No!

Philippians 4:8 says this:    
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
 So I put on a worshipful cd, or open the window and listen to the rain fall or the birds sing, snuggle with SuperMap on the couch and I think about the good things and the absolute blessings that I am showered with daily in my Savior, family, friends, these material goods that I have to pack, that we have places to go when we move and food on the table at every meal and water... clean water that I can access any time I want from any faucet in my house.  

When you take that perspective, our mountain of difficulty loses it's grandeur and seems more like a small hill.  It will still require trust and effort to scale it, but it can be done.

Please continue to pray for our family.  That is something that I cannot thank you enough for, that you are petitioning our God to strengthen us and give us patience and endurance to run this race is an unbelievable gift to us!