Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More on Christmas with Compassion

It's still looking like Christmas around here ;-)

We sent out our cards with stickers and such on Saturday so that we get them to the Compassion offices before October 31st.

Here's a photo of one of the packets we sent:



- the cute puppy Christmas card
-some rub on Christmas puppy dog transfers, popsicle stick to apply the transfers, instructions for the transfers (in English, French & Spanish!)
-a coloring page of Mary & the baby Jesus in the manger, with verse in Spanish (lessons and coloring pages in English and Spanish available from Calvary Curriculum)
-red envelope for all of the items for the child
-white envelope to send it all in to the Compassion Correspondence Dept.
-snowflake stickers
-santa stickers
-painting sheet of train (just need to use water and a brush or q-tip to paint)

I've printed off labels with each child's full name and identification number, so I affix one of those to everything that I send.  If you look closely you'll see the sticker on the popsicle stick and on the red envelope, everywhere else they are on the back of the item.  This has saved me lots of time, rather than writing it out on each item each mailing.

I got the pad of paint sheets (contained 12), the snowflake stickers & the rub on transfers at Michael's.  The transfers came in a package of 6 different designs.  The card came from the dollar store.  Other items I had on hand from previous years (like the big white envelopes were from my "print your own" wedding invitation sets... glad they are finally getting used!).

I used to be a person who scoffed that the Christmas stuff was out before Halloween, but now that I have to think 2 months in advance for holidays...  I do appreciate it!

If you hurry, you still have time to get a card to your sponsored child for Christmas!  You can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment