Friday, October 21, 2011

Five-Minute Friday: Beyond...

It's Friday!  And here we join up with Lisa-Jo from The Gypsy Mama:  Here is the blurb from her page this morning:

Five Minute Friday: Beyond

October 21, 2011
On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Beyond…

Go:

Beyond...  what is beyond those trees in my back yard?  The beautiful, glorious, sun.

What is beyond that pile of dishes right now?  A clean, sparkling kitchen.

What is beyond that child in Nicaragua living in poverty? To have enough.

What was beyond the cross, for the Lord Jesus Christ?  Joy. (Hb. 12:2)

What is beyond my safe, warm, home?   People who need.  Need love, need encouragement, need food, need the Lord.

What is beyond my self-centeredness?  Others whom I should esteem more than myself. My husband, children, family, brothers & sisters in Christ, everyone out there. (Phil. 2:3-4)

What will it take me to see, move, feel "beyond"?  God's Spirit working through me, letting me see with His eyes what needs to be moved beyond.

Stop. 

3 comments:

  1. I like your questions that push. Thank you for your five minutes this week.

    All thru Him,
    Cin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenn. I popped over to your blog from your Monday Mail Call link up at BFTB. Read through some posts here and poked around a bit. Your Compassion kiddos are so adorable.

    I love the great way that you creatively approached the beyond in this post.

    Blessings!
    De @Carpe Vas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy and De for taking the time to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete