Friday, November 11, 2011

Five-Minute Friday: Unexpected

Joining up with Lisa-Jo and many, many others to write for Five Minutes...  Here are the instructions lifted directly from her blog, The Gypsy Mama:

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?

    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Unexpected…

Start:

Unexpected is driving down the street in the "South" and seeing as if for the first time a tree that takes your breath away.  

 A tree that you have inside of you, metaphorically. 

A tree that speaks to who you are (if a tree can do that?).  

 A tree that a few short weeks ago looked very  different, and I frankly didn't notice. 

Now everyday, I make a point to drive past it, even on the days that I don't have to drive past it when Super-Beautiful does not need to go to school. 

(The view from behind Super-Beautiful's school...)

I drive past because I don't want to miss its beauty.  

I don't want to miss its symbolism.  

I don't want to miss this taste of home, the true north strong and free, right down the street from me here in Central Virginia, my current home and I give thanks each time I see it because God is amazing.  No one ever said maples couldn't grow in Virginia, but seeing this one in all its glory was unexpected.

I'm so blessed and thankful that I can see this for the short time it has left in its glorious splendor.

Stop!